Ubuntu GNOME is an official flavour of Ubuntu, featuring the GNOME desktop environment.
Ubuntu GNOME (formerly Ubuntu GNOME Remix) is a mostly pure GNOME desktop experience built from the Ubuntu repositories. Our first (unofficial) release was 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal), released in October 2012. See the release notes. As the 12.10 release was our first release, there are still a few minor issues, but we proudly recommend Ubuntu GNOME to anyone interested in using Ubuntu with the best of what GNOME has to offer.
The first official release was 13.04 (Raring Ringtail).
The latest stable release is Ubuntu GNOME 14.10 (Utopic Unicon).
Please join us and contribute to an exciting, international, free and open source software project. We look forward to working together with you.
Minimum System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor (for example Intel Celeron) or better.
- 1.5 GB RAM (system memory).
- 7 GB of free hard drive space for installation.
- Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.
- Internet access is helpful (for installing updates during the installation process).
Download Ubuntu GNOME
Please read the release notes before downloading.
Please head over to the Get Ubuntu GNOME page for more details.