Ubuntu GNOME is an official flavor of Ubuntu, featuring the GNOME desktop environment.
Ubuntu GNOME (formerly Ubuntu GNOME Remix) is a mostly pure GNOME desktop experience built from the Ubuntu repositories. Our first (unofficial) release was 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal), released in October 2012.
The first official release was 13.04 (Raring Ringtail).
Our final Long Term Support release is Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.5.
Our final stable non-LTS release was Ubuntu GNOME 17.04. The 17.04 release is no longer supported.
Although Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.5 is supported until April 2019, we strongly encourage you to install the regular Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release which features a minimally customized GNOME desktop.
Minimum System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor (for example Intel Celeron) or better.
- 1.5 GB RAM (system memory).
- 10 GB of free hard drive space for installation.
- Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.
- Internet access is helpful (for installing updates during the installation process).
If you have an old machine, you may consider other alternatives like Lubuntu or Xubuntu.
Download Ubuntu GNOME
Please read the release notes before downloading.
Please head over to the Get Ubuntu GNOME page for more details.
For more information about Ubuntu GNOME, please visit our Wiki area.