Yet another successful milestone 🙂
Ubuntu GNOME Team is glad to announce the release of Beta 1 of Ubuntu GNOME Vivid Vervet (15.04).
What’s new and how to get it?
Please do read the release notes:
As always, thanks a million to each and everyone who has helped, supported and contributed to make this yet another successful milestone!
We have great testers and without their endless support, we don’t think we can ever make it. Please, keep the great work up!
Ubuntu GNOME Team is glad to announce the release of the second point release for Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS.
- Q: What are point releases for LTS versions of Ubuntu family?
- A: Please, see the answer.
- Q: What the difference between Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 and Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2 LTS?
- A: Linux Kernel 3.16, bug fixes and updated packages. Everything else should be the same as 14.04 LTS.
Get Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2
- First of all, kindly do read the release notes. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- For NEW installations, you can download from here.
- Current users do NOT need to reinstall anything. You may only want to update your system, that is all. Again, please do read the release notes!
Special thanks to each and everyone who have taken the time to test Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2 (and the other flavours as well) and helped to release yet another rock solid release with less bugs. Without our great testers, we shall never make it. Keep up the great work!
To contact Ubuntu GNOME:
Please see our full list of contact channels.
Thank you for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME!
Update: Trusty point release (14.04.2) RC ISOs available
As you may know, the release of 14.04.2 has been delayed 2 weeks. It was supposed to be released on the 5th of February, 2015 but the release day has been changed to be on the 19th of February, 2015.
As per Ubuntu ISO Tracker, there are many test cases are not yet covered/tested:Thus, we ask you to kindly help us to make sure Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2 is solid as rock by covering/testing the other test cases which you can find on the ISO Tracker.
Please, make sure to use the ISO Tracker:
If you are NEW to all the testing process, that’s not a problem at all. This page:
Should help you to get started
Kindly start testing as soon as you can and contact us for any kind of questions, feedback, questions, etc:
Also, we would like to thank our great supporter and tester, Lance for the reminder he sent to the mailing list.
We are forever thankful for your continuous help and endless support. Together, we become better and all of us are smarter than anyone of us 🙂