Ubuntu GNOME Team is pleased to announce the beginning of a new phase for the Sub-Teams. We shall start the New Year (2014) with solid steps to move forward with confidence coming from a great and quick growth, both in Quality (which is our highest priority) and Quantity of our teams and contributors.
Motivation and Encouraging the Team Work Spirit which is the basic foundation of a healthy environment where everyone works side by side as one strong and active team which eventually will give us the high quality we seek with enough quantity to carry on with confidence.
Please join Ubuntu GNOME Team to welcome our new contributors who decided to step in and help the project and community to move forward to the next level:
- Wiki Editor and Team Moderator: James Vorderbruggen
- Wiki Editor and Team Moderator: Ivan Ivanov
Both James and Ivan have showed a great interest to help the team and their hard work was and still louder than their words and that is indeed the quality of the contributors we seek and need to help us. They have earned the title of Team Moderator/Administrator and will definitely help our team to be even better.
- Facebook Page Moderator: Caleb Howland
- Facebook Page & Google+ Community Moderator: Frédéric Lagneau
Two Linux and Ubuntu GNOME enthusiasts who volunteered their time to help our Social Media Channels for high quality and more quantity and as a result, help Ubuntu GNOME Communications Team to grow bigger and better.
And we shall continue to recruit more contributors and volunteers. There are no limits for our passion, ambition and dreams/hopes which we work hard to turn into reality.
If you feel you are ready and can actually dedicate some of your time to help Ubuntu GNOME to be even better and go the extra miles, please feel free to Join Us today for an effective tomorrow and a glorious future.
We are still looking for extra help on these area:
As always, thank you for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME!
Ubuntu GNOME Team is pleased to announce the release of Ubuntu GNOME Trusty Tahr (14.04) Alpha 1
Learn more about Ubuntu GNOME Trusty Tahr Alpha 1:
Please read the Release Notes
Get Ubuntu GNOME Trusty Tahr Alpha 1:
Help Ubuntu GNOME Team with Testing:
Learn more about Testing
Share your Testing Results or Send us feedback:
Thank you for Testing Ubuntu GNOME!
Your help, support and contributions are highly appreciated and needed.
Although Ubuntu GNOME Project is new, it has proved to be a successful one and moving forward with solid steps. During the year of 2013, our team and project have achieved a lot and we are very proud of what we have managed to accomplish successfully in one year. Here is a list of what we have achieved in 2013:
- Ubuntu GNOME became an official variant of Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 is our first official release.
- The Creation of the first Ubuntu GNOME Wiki & Documentation System.
- The Rapid Growth of Ubuntu GNOME Social Media (Activities and Numbers of Subscribers).
- Releasing our rock solid and stable version – Ubuntu GNOME 13.10.
- Setting Up a full functional organized team by creating Ubuntu GNOME Sub-Teams.
- Having a dedicated Brainstorming and Project Management Sub-Team for Ubuntu GNOME.
- The Recruitment of new contributors to Ubuntu GNOME.
- Having a dedicated Sub-Team for the new contributors – Ubuntu GNOME Packaging Team.
- Being part of StartUbuntu Project.
We are so happy and proud with what we have achieved in 2013. These great accomplishments will definitely motivate us to go the extra miles, yet again, not to repeat what we have already done but to do even better. We do trust our team members and very confident that we shall do even better in 2014.
Special thanks to each and everyone who made the impossible be easy and possible. Without your help, support and contributions, we would never be able to achieve all that.
We are looking forward to fill the page of 2014 achievements with all of you and we ask you to never miss the fun and the great experience – join us today, plan for tomorrow and enjoy successful and great achievements the day after.
All Of Us Are Smarter Than Anyone Of Us!
Thank you for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME!
Enjoy, have fun and happy new year in advance 🙂
On Behalf of Ubuntu GNOME Team