As you may have read on our social media pages, we already have the winners of this cycle’s Wallpaper Contest.
The team would like to thank all the gorgeous photographs and digital art that have been submitted to the contest (next to one hundred in four weeks is amazing; even after announcing the winners we’ve been getting more submissions :P)
From left to right, the wallpapers are:
We’d like to announce, also, that new rules will be added for next year’s Wallpaper Contest:
- Please don’t submit entries to any other Ubuntu flavour wallpaper contest. If one wallpaper is selected in more than one distribution, we will have 2 copies of the same image in Ubuntu.
- Winning photos should not be submitted for any future Ubuntu
wallpaper contest. That, of course, doesn’t impede you to try again the next cycle if you haven’t won the current one.
We have created a Flick group for your submissions: https://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-gnome-16-10
From all submissions, 10 wallpapers will be selected to be included in the 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) release of Ubuntu GNOME.
Rules of the Contest:
It is important to note Ubuntu – and hence Ubuntu GNOME – is shipped to users from every part of the globe. Your images should be considerate of this diversity and refrain from the following:
- No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- No branding assets like “Ubuntu GNOME” or text in order to permit use by derivative distributions.
- No version numbers as some may prefer to continue to use your theme with an older version of Ubuntu.
- No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- No sexually explicit or provocative images.
- No images of weapons or violence.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- No designs which promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- Each user can submit up to 2 wallpapers. The final dimension should be at least 2560×1440 px (and 16:9 proportion if possible). Any smaller size will not be considered.
- Use PNG format for bitmap files, use JPG format for photos.
- Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 (see www.flickr.com/creativecommons/). If not specified, it’ll be assumed that the work is released under CC-BY-SA 4.0.
- Attribution must be declared if the submission is based on another design.